Thursday, April 1, 2010

Everything you always wanted to know about songwriting

Gruezi,

I can't believe the semester is already 'bout to end. Its almost like it never happened... but alas it did. Anyway, I don't really have a ton of updates although, I'm super excited for conference I can't believe it's already been 6 months since the last one. I'm pretty sure we're going to go and wait inline for the extra tickets to watch the Saturday morning session.
You're also dieing to know how my research is going on "how to write a hit song?". Well I'll tell you:
That pretty much says it all. I'm reading this book from 1991 to get advice about how to write good music in 2010??? I'm really starting to doubt this man's skill.

I mean honestly he has several pages wherein his friend brag about him, now is that even legal? Because I'm pretty sure that is cheating on your own book. Just sayin'...

On a lighter note as mentioned last week, Tom and I are playing on Friday night at Yozone. We've been asked to play an hour and I was thinking there would be a good chance that I would need a bathroom break somewhere in between the beginning and the end, oh well I guess. Another random goodness happened as well. Tom decided one to day search on the internet for someone who would do free mastering and believe it or not he did and the guy is good. Igor lives back east but we're pretty sure he's from eastern Europe somewhere anyway, long story short the songs sound even better than before. We are currently in the process of trying to figure out what to do with them.

Right-o
-Dallin

No comments:

Post a Comment